Be efficient with your meal planning
Here is a series on how to meal plan wisely, so you save time and money, and enjoy time spent in the kitchen. Be kind to yourself as you embark on this meal planning adventure – as with anything, change requires efforts. It will be worth it!
There are ways to be wise in the kitchen and approach meal planning strategically. We’ve gather our top pro tips to make the process easier for you and your family.
Be wise. Approach meal planning with a strategy and some time-savings tips
5 pro tips
- Prep in advance the ingredients, not necessary all the recipes. Cut all the onions, wash all the fruits, unfreeze the proteins you will cook later in the week.
- All family members have their tasks for maximum efficiency. Someone is always in charge of cutting the fruits, someone else is always in charge of prepping some yogurt and snacks, and the younger kids can be in charge of dressing the table or emptying the dishwasher. Find something for everyone (yeah… like there is not enough tasks for everyone!)
- Create a family list of snacks ideas, breakfast ideas, or even proteins, carbs and veggies ideas. That will be your safety net, because even with the best plan sometime fails! It will make it easier to put together a balanced meal even when you have zero inspiration. Even better, your kids can assemble something themselves or take the first steps to help out with dinner!
- Don’t put ONLY new recipes on the menu. Make sure some favourites, but also easy-to-cook-without-the-instructions ones are in there so that you have nights where it’s not too complicated to put food on the table.
- Keep some basic food items in your pantry and freezer. This way you’ll actually never be left eating toast and peanut butter…but shoot! you are out of peanut butter.
Get 5 more tips + Bonus ideas by subscribing. You’ll receive your free guide in your mailbox right now!
Remember that establishing the routine and finding what works for your family is the most difficult part. Be kind to yourself. You’ve got this!
- New baby? All you need to know about vitamin D supplement.
- Baby is ready to eat solids? Is baby-led weaning the right choice for your family?